> Recipes > Thai Spring Rolls
Makes about 24
For the filling
4-6 Chinese dried mushrooms (soaked for 30 minutes in warm water)
2 clear glass noodles
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
8 ounces ground pork or chicken
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 carrot, grated
1 cup cabbage, grated
Spring roll wrappers
1 Egg yolk
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Sweet & sour dipping sauce
- Soak the noodles into warm water about 10 minutes, and snip them into 2-inch lengths.
- Make the filling,
Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic and pork, stir-fry until it turn to brown color.
- Add all the ingredients, and keep stir-fry for 10 minutes.
- Place the filling into the large bowl.
- Put the egg yolk in a small bowl, Place a spoonful of filling in the centre of a spring roll wrapper.
- Turn the bottom edge over to cover the filling.
- Fold in the left and right sides.
- Roll the wrapper up almost to the top then brush the top edge with egg yolk and seal.
- Fill the remaining wrappers in the same way
- Heat the oil in a wok, turn on medium and deep fry them until crisp. Served woth sweet&sour sauce.
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg() in /homepages/29/d90853849/htdocs/www/poll/include/class_mysql.php:22
#0 /homepages/29/d90853849/htdocs/bkcooking/include/advancedpoll.php(10): polldb_sql->polldb_sql()
#1 /homepages/29/d90853849/htdocs/bkcooking/thaispringrolls.php(98): include('/homepages/29/d...')
thrown in /homepages/29/d90853849/htdocs/www/poll/include/class_mysql.php on line 22